Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Macro Abstract

"Antique Jar" 9/29/2010 Dubois ID (old building) F-stop: 2.8 Shutter: 1/8 sec. Canon PowerShot A710 IS. No edits.

"Glass and Feathers" 9/29/2010 Dubois ID (old building) F-stop: 3.2 Shutter: 1/15 sec. Canon PowerShot A710 IS. No edits.

"Glass in a Jar" To create this photo, I used an overlay blending mode to blend the two images above. Then I added a layer mask and masked out the glass and feathers everywhere but in the jar to make it appear as if they were actually inside of the jar. I also like the antique rustic look it added to the lid of the jar.

2 comments:

  1. It is cool and artistic how you put the broken glass in the bottle. You have a great artistic eye for putting things together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the way you blended these two images together is awesome. I personally have trouble with the blending two different images into one and making it work - so nice job!

    ReplyDelete