"Brittany" 10/17/2010 8:07 pm. Rexburg ID. f-stop: 4.0 shutter: 1/60 sec. Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi.
For this image I added portrait enhancements, including blemishes and teeth whitening. I used the normal paint brush in Photoshop with an opacity of 27 and a flow of 29 and softened her skin. This is a great way to fix blemishes, and it's relatively easy. Then to whiten her teeth, I used the quick select tool and made a selection of just her teeth, and then reduced the saturation to take out some yellow. Learning all these tricks was really fun and will surely come in handy. My only question is what do you do when people have freckles? You want to keep the freckles, but then how do you smoothen out and soften their skin?? I will surely look into this so I can be a better editor.
"Megan" 10/16/2010 6:30 pm. Rexburg ID. f-stop:4.0 shutter:1/13 sec. Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi. To edit this photo I simply took it into Photoshop and enhanced the contrast and saturation, as well as adding a little burn to the edges to enhance the look.
Then to edit the photo next I decided I wanted to give it some character, so I desaturated the image and made a layer mask. Then I masked back in the pink scarf to give it that pop of color to add interest.
For this edit I had to do a "replace color" edit. So I went in and changed the pink colors to green. This was fairly simple since the rest of the image was already in the gray-scale. It's a really fun trick to know though. You can basically make your pictures match whatever color you want. :)
"Boys-Original" 10/03/2010 6:34 pm Cokeville WY. f-stop: 3.5 shutter: 1/80 sec. Samsung S85. This is the origional photo that I'm going to match the color with the picture below. There's not a major change, but the lighting was slightly better in the other picture, so to fix it I'll just use the "Color Match" tool in photoshop.
"Boys-Better Color" 10/03/2010 6:35 pm Cokeville WY. F-stop: 3.5 shutter: 1/100 sec. Samsung S85. This is the picture I thought had better lighting. It's hard to see, but it is just a little more clear and vibrant.
Here is the first image, but now it has the same lighting as the second image. I just went into Photoshop under: Image, Adjustments, Color Match. And this is the result. Kinda of a neat trick.








Love all of these! I like the replacement color. Brittany looks beautiful too. The light you added to her hair and the smoothness you added to the face is great. Good job.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of Megan. The edits you did look great! All of your portraits turned out sooo good!
ReplyDelete